Immigration and naturalization laws have been getting more and more complex. It used to be simple to file a citizenship application, but no longer. It is imperative to have an experienced attorney who specializes in immigration law. This will save you time and resources by avoiding mistakes during this process. When you are ready to file for citizenship, you need the experience and the years of knowledge of Attorney Maziar Mafi working for you.
Santa Ana and Orange County Immigration Lawyer Maziar Mafi has been helping clients attain U.S. Citizenship through the naturalization process for over 23 years. We know how to avoid problems before they occur.
In the United States, individuals may attain citizenship either through birth or the naturalization process. If you are a legal permanent citizen and wish to become a U.S. Citizen, you must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- You have been a permanent, continuous, legal resident for the past 5 years and have not left the U.S. for 6 months or more in any year during those 5 years
- You are married to a U.S. Citizen and have been both continuously married to and living in the United States with the U.S. Citizen for the past 3 years and have not left the U.S. for 6 months or more during those 3 years
- You have served in the United States Armed Forces
- You are able to demonstrate good moral character; (many criminal convictions are not a bar to Citizenship but they must be properly disclosed)
- You can speak, read and write English (there are some limited exceptions to this rule)
- You are able to demonstrate a working knowledge of U.S. History and Government
- You swear an Oath of Allegiance to the United States.
Full disclosure is required by the United States prior to granting citizenship to applicants. Failure to be truthful could lead to not only the denial of your naturalization application, but also deportation proceedings. It is vital that you have an experienced, skilled immigration attorney working with you to ensure that you don’t inadvertently fail to disclose information that could cause your naturalization application to be denied. Santa Ana and Orange County Immigration Lawyer Maziar Mafi has been helping legal residents gain citizenship status since 1988.
If you are presently a legal permanent resident of the United States and are seeking to establish citizenship, let Santa Ana and Orange County Immigration Attorney Maziar Mafi put his experience to work for you! A skilled legal advocate for Immigrants’ Rights, Mr. Mafi is proud to provide expert, high quality legal services to all of his immigration clients.
For immediate assistance please call (714) 543-3350 to schedule a consultation. In the event of an emergency and after normal business hours you may call (714) 624-1285.